Share
SEX ADVICE

Erectile Dysfunction: Hard Facts About the Soft Truth

John Gray

Erectile dysfunction (ED) is not a natural part of aging. Men can have loving, fulfilling, and active sex lives well into old age.

ED is more common than people realize. According to the National Institutes of Health, approximately 5 percent of men age 40 and between 15 percent and 25 percent of men age 65 experience ED on a long-term basis. Overall, an estimated 30 million Americans struggle with ED. The risk of erectile dysfunction increases with age but is not caused by age. About 40 percent of 40-year-olds struggle with ED and 70 percent of 70-year-olds have the same problem.

More and more researchers are recognizing the link between sexual health and chronic diseases like diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. The more advanced these diseases are, the more at risk a man is of erectile dysfunction. ED has a strong association to cardiovascular disease. Studies have found that ED may precede a patient's heart attack by five years.

Many people don’t realize that ED actually starts when a man doesn't sustain his erections for as long as he or his partner would like. The good news is that ED can be corrected, and often times, reversed. Several studies have shown that changing your diet, exercise levels or other health habits have been shown to improve the symptoms of ED in men.

1. Exercise
A study of almost 300 racially diverse men showed that physical activity was linked to improved sexual function and erectile dysfunction symptoms. More studies have revealed that men were able to improve ED symptoms after regular exercise.

2. Stress

Too much stress can slow the production of hormones, especially testosterone and impeded the blood flow to the penis. Devote 30 minutes each day to doing an activity you love. 

3. Smoking
An extensive study showed that men with ED who were able to quit smoking cigarettes were able to improve their ED symptoms after one year, compared to the men who continued their tobacco habit.

4. Diet
A study found that men who chose a more Mediterranean diet and ate more vegetables, fruits, nuts, whole grains and olive oil improved their vascular health and reduced the prevalence of ED in men.

5. Weight
A massive study surveyed over 30,000 men between the ages of 53 and 90 years old and found that men who became obese had a 40 percent increased risk of developing ED than those who didn’t become obese.

It's never too late to make a lifestyle change. However, too often physicians treat ED with erectile enhancement drugs and ignore the underlying problems, but those pills may not be all that they claim to be.

According to research, Viagra, Cialis, and Levitra have less than a 50 percent refill rate, despite the happy guys that you see on the television commercials. And for those that continue taking them, these erectile-enhancing drugs impact your whole body and can produce dangerous side effects outside of the much talked-about four-hour erection. 

So if things in the bedroom aren't quite what they used to be, first see your doctor to rule out other underlying health concerns. Then, even if your doctor hands you a prescription for those little blue pills, I recommend that you try out more natural options, like Tongkat Ali.

Related Videos

Why Most Married Men Have Low Libido

Not So Fast! How To Get Past Premature Ejaculation

Better Sex for Men

Better Sex for Women



CLICK HERE to learn more about the products discussed in this video.

The statements and products referred to throughout this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. They are the expressed opinion of John Gray for the sole purpose of educating the public regarding their health, happiness and improved quality of relationships. Individual results may vary. Seek the advice of a competent health care professional for your specific health concerns.

read more blog posts from John Gray


JOhn Gray Mars Venus Soul Mate Relationship Seminar Ranch